You may think social media sites like Facebook are just for young people who spend much of their social lives online posting to friends and exchanging trivia. But did you also know that over recent years brand engagement on Facebook has increased by 176 percent?*
Facebook is now a worldwide platform for businesses to meet with their customers and build lasting relationships. Facebook is a vehicle to extend your reach and acquire new customers. Don't lose face by ignoring the benefits of Facebook and it's potential impact on your sales.
With Facebook pages you can:
• build fans who become loyal customers
• develop brand awareness by telling people about who you are and what you do
• participate in conversations with your customers and receive quality feedback
• improve your ranking with search engines such as Google™
• Source: HubSpot 2012
25 astonishing facts and figures that we think will impress you:
1) Over 950 million people worldwide use Facebook, 223 million people in Europe alone!
2) 500 million users log into Facebook everyday.
3) Every second 5 new Facebook profiles are made.
4) 47% of Facebook users are male and 53% female.
5) 300 million photos are uploaded to Facebook everyday.
6) On average people spend 20 minutes on Facebook per visit.
7) 50% of 18-24 year-olds check their Facebook account when they wake up.
8) In 2012 42% of marketers said Facebook is critical or important to their business; this is a 75% increase compared to 24% in 2009.
9) In 2011 brand engagement on Facebook increased by 176%.
10) Brands have seen a 46% increase in user engagement since the launch of the new business Timeline.
11) 72% of marketers manage social media in-house.
12) 43% of people aged 20-29 use Facebook for 11 hours plus per week for their business marketing.
13) Social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than traditional marketing.
14) Small businesses use 18% of their annual marketing budget on social media, the most out of all marketing activities.
15) Retail and wholesale industries acquire more customers through Facebook than any other industry.
16) Facebook fans are 51% more likely to buy from brands they “Like” on Facebook.
17) Consumers who follow a link from Facebook to a retail site spend an average of £67.64.
18) 56% of consumers are more likely to recommend a brand after becoming a fan of the brand on Facebook.
19) Brands on Facebook extend their reach to friends of fans by 50-200%.
20) 90% of marketers are planing to use Facebook ads in the future.
21) During 2012 56% of marketers increased their Facebook ad budget.
22) 39% of Facebook advertisers successfully drive traffic from their Facebook ads onto an external landing page.
23) The average cost per click with Facebook advertising in 2012 was 75p
24) 68% of marketers believe Facebook ads are effective in acquiring new fans and customers.
25) 95% of all Facebook wall posts are not answered by brands.
If you already have a Facebook page, well done, but if you are not sure what to do next, or don't have one at all, then get in touch with us and we can guide you on what steps to take. We can show you how to manage your page, build a page for you, or do both leaving you free to get on to do what you do best.
Call Mark on: 01983 810455 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sources: Facebook, The Social Skinny 2012, Search Engine Journal, AllFacebook 2012, Emarketer, Gizmodo, Infodocket, The Social Skinny, State of Inbound Marketing 2012, HubSpot 2012, Simply Measured, SocialMediaExaminer, FactBrowser, Digital Buzz Blog, Social Media Today, Social Bakers.